Doryteuthis (Amerigo) surinamensis
Surinam inshore squidMichael Vecchione and Richard E. Young
- Mantle moderately broad, ca. 25% ML.
- Fins rhomboidal, length ca. 50% ML.
- Arms relatively long, ca. 45% ML.
- Sucker rings on unmodified ventral arms with sharply pointed teeth.
- Left ventral arm of males hectocotylized beginning at 22nd to 24th dorsal sucker pair; suckers at arm tip unmodified; modified suckers reduced in size and set on enlarged, transversely flattened bases.
- Vernacular Names: En: Surinam inshore squid, Fr: Calmar du Surinam, Sp: Calamar Surinamés
Correspondence regarding this page should be directed to Michael Vecchione at
Page copyright © 2010
Page: Tree of Life Doryteuthis (Amerigo) surinamensis Authored by . Surinam inshore squid.Michael Vecchione and Richard E. Young. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 02 September 2010
- Content changed 02 September 2010
Citing this page:
Vecchione, Michael and Richard E. Young. 2010. Doryteuthis (Amerigo) surinamensis http://tolweb.org/Doryteuthis_%28Amerigo%29_surinamensis/52730/2010.09.02 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Surinam inshore squid. Version 02 September 2010 (under construction).