The objectives of this WebQuest will be evaluated by watching student teams present one of "their contributions".
In addition to presenting the content of various ToL pages according to the list of requirements presented in the Task section, some questions teams should be able to answer are:
- Who contributes to the ToL?
- What types of pages do scientists contribute? What types of pages do learners and teachers contribute?
- What are the differences between different types of ToL pages? What is the purpose of the different types of ToL pages?
- How is the information contained in a treehouse related to branch and leaf pages?
- What are three ways to browse the ToL?
- What are some typical elements of "branch" and "leaf" pages on the tree?
- How can you find images in the ToL media database?
- How can you find information about an organism on the ToL?
- Define phylogeny and explain why a tree structure is useful when talking about phylogeny.
Students should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to create a basic treehouse page while practicing with the treehouse editor.