[Mecocerculus] part 2John Harshman
- [Mecocerculus] poecilocercus (White-tailed Tyrannulet)
- [Mecocerculus] calopterus (Rufous-winged Tyrannulet)
- [Mecocerculus] hellmayri (Buff-banded Tyrannulet)
- [Mecocerculus] stictopterus (White-banded Tyrannulet)
- [Mecocerculus] minor (Sulphur-bellied Tyrannulet)
Discussion of Phylogenetic RelationshipsThe traditional genus Mecocerculus is polyphyletic. The genus name is attached to the type species, Mecocerculus leucophrys. The rest of the genus (on this page) may form a clade, but that clade needs a new name which has not yet been supplied. And that's why the genus name is in brackets here: it's a placeholder.
About This Page
Correspondence regarding this page should be directed to John Harshman at
Page copyright © 2009
Page: Tree of Life [Mecocerculus] part 2. Authored by John Harshman. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 28 November 2009
- Content changed 28 November 2009
Citing this page:
Harshman, John. 2009. [Mecocerculus] part 2. Version 28 November 2009 (under construction). http://tolweb.org/%5BMecocerculus%5D_part_2/139105/2009.11.28 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/