Finding Information on the Internet
This lesson guides students through:
- Collecting information on the Internet for their treehouse (building step #4).
- Getting information for composing their treehouse (planning step #3).
Click the links below to find lesson steps, learner tasks, tools and resources and more.
|Teachers click here||Learners click here|
- ToL Learner Level
- Beginner; Intermediate
- Student Grade Level
- Grades 4 and up. If students have little prior experience looking for information on the Internet then you may want to focus on students searching pre-selected Internet sites.
- Students will:
- Find one quality Internet site on their own and explore it.
- Search other pre-selected sites.
- Gather information about the organism(s) featured in their Treehouse from these sites.
- Add information, their thoughts and analysis of information they have found to their Treehouse.
- Time Frame
- Students will need at least 45 minutes.
- Curricular Areas
- Science, Technology, Language Arts
- State Education Standards: Not yet available
- National Education Standards: Not yet available
- Tools and Resources
- View teacher and learner sections
- Students continue working on finding information on the Internet.